Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wedding Card and a Printable

I recently attended a friend's wedding and decided to make a card for the happy couple instead of buying one.  I'm actually trying to be more crafty as well as trying to save money.  Because I already had the card-making supplies, the card cost me zilch!  I have been pinning handmade greeting cards for inspiration on Pinterest.  To follow my "Cards and Paper" pin board, click here.  If you'd like to check out all my Pinterest boards, you can follow me and click here.   I found some cards with this design I believe was stamped on: (This one by Mary Fish)


I really like this design and so I decided to try and do something similar on my laptop.  I just used Microsoft Publisher and made the fonts the sizes I needed to create my wedding cake.  But then, I thought to myself, "Self...what else will you put on this card design?"  So I looked to Pinterest for more inspiration and found this card by Lady J Creations:


So I combined the two designs and gave it my own twist and this is what I came up with:



I think it turned out fairly well!  I just used my triangle-shaped punch for the triangles so they'd be uniform.  If you like this card, you are welcome to the "word cake" portion of the design.  I've created a printable file you can use here on Google docs.  Enjoy!  I'd love to see your wedding card designs. Feel free to share.  I love the inspiration!



No comments: