Friday, November 22, 2013

My "Master Project List" and a Colorful Free Printable

So, if you are anything like me, you like to take on a lot of projects but don't always finish one thing before starting another.  I'm probably one of the worst offenders when it comes to this!  Part of the problem is that I really get into so many different things and find so many things interesting and fun to do and so at any given time, I could be working on 10-15 different projects, sometimes more!  No joke!  

Having this many projects unfinished in addition to my normal responsibilities could be daunting, but I have a system that seems to work for me and I wanted to share with you!  If you too find yourself starting to crochet that scarf as a gift for your cousin before you've finished your vacation scrapbook, you might be able to benefit from keeping a Master Project List.


Here's a glimpse at my List.  I list the name of the project (duh), what supplies I'll need, websites pertaining to the project and/or inspiration for the project, and then have a section for notes.  In the notes section, I jot down whatever doesn't fit in the other three columns and also number my projects to keep a running tally of how many things I'm tackling at the time.  

So what's on my Master Project List?  A lot! I put all my crafty projects, organization projects, and even more on the master list.  This is my home for everything I spend my time on.  Currently, I have these things on the list:
  • Scrapbooking projects
  • Crochet projects
  • Organization projects
  • Couponing
  • Blogging
  • Smash books & journaling projects
  • Every mini-project related to creating the command center (See this post for more info)
  • Sewing projects
  • Jewelry repair and jewelry-making projects
  • Cross-stitch
  • Holiday gifts & crafts
  • Even credit repair!  (I'm building our credit back up and doing the research on Fair Credit Reporting, etc.  Side note: creditboards.com is an excellent resource for this!)
Basically, if it takes up any of my time and isn't part of my daily routine/responsibilities, it goes on the Master List.  One of the neat things about keeping the list in addition to staying organized and on top of everything, is getting to check things off of the list!  It's pretty cool to see all of the things I've taken on and how many I've been able to check off!

So now that you've seen a peek of my list, why not print your own.  I was in a really good mood when I made this printable which explains why it's so colorful!  Here's the clicky:





Have fun, get organized, and get to checking things off the list!  I'd love for you to share with me.  What types of things are on your Master Project List?

No comments: