Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ceremony Programs

For our ceremony programs, I kept with the black and white damask and tiffany blue theme. Originally, I had designed a program which also acted as a paddle fan, but, in my humble opinion, popsicle sticks look cheap and a bit tacky, which is what I used on the original program as a fan handle. The cool thing about designing a tacky program: I got a good idea of what I don't want and sought out more inspiration from photo galleries on various websites. As luck would have it, I found a beautiful program idea on http://galleries.weddingchannel.com/ . Here is the inspiration:

Photo Credit: SB Childs Photography


I added our monogram, switcherooed a few things and personalized it for our ceremony, and wahlah:


Best of all, fiance approves!
Some things you should include in your ceremony programs:
-Date
-Couple's names (or make an elegant monogram and insert it into your document)
-Location
-Ceremony time
-Order of Events (Including: Processional music, greeting, readings, poems, prayers, exchange of vows, ring ceremony, unity candle ceremony, any other ceremony, pronouncement of marriage, recessional music, etc.)
-Members of Wedding Party (Including: Officiant, parents of bride & groom, MOH, bridesmaids, jr. bridesmaids, flower girl, best man, groomsmen, ushers, ring bearer, readers, etc.)
-May also include: explanation of a ritual or tradition used in ceremony, a note thanking guests for sharing your special day, a tribute or memorial for loved ones no longer with us, or a quote or poem about love or marriage

No comments: