Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Viva Las Vegas - A Themed Graduation Open House - Invites

My stepson, Joe will be graduationg high school this month!  When I was thinking up ideas for his open house, I thought he might like some sort of themed party other than the traditional "Class of (insert graduation year here)".  That's when I brainstormed the Vegas theme!  Joe loved the idea, so now I am off and running.  I thought I'd share some of my ideas and inspiration here.  This is the open house invite design:
 
I wanted something fun, so I designed it myself using Microsoft Publisher.  I wanted the focus to be on Joe, so I didn't include too much about Vegas other than the saying "Viva Las Vegas" to the left. I printed the invites on brown kraft paper 5X7 flat notecards purchaed at Hobby Lobby (50 for $9.99, on sale for $4.99!).  They turned out looking like this:
 
 

This will go in a 5x7 brown kraft envelope (they came with the notecards) and then Joe's fancy graduation announcements we ordered from school will be enclosed too!  Finally, a gold seal will go on the envelope and the names and addresses will be written in gold Sharpie marker on the envelopes!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: